Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Day 8 Meditation


Yesterday was my "week anniversary" of practicing Yoga. I had an interesting week that culminated in an anxiety attack. In practicing Yoga, it's difficult to figure how to divide the "devotions". What I mean is that there are the physical parts like doing poses and the spiritual parts like dedicating your work daily to someone or something.

Since the week was long and I was still feeling emotional from the night before I decided to do the Meditation Class today. This consisted of a small group of people led by an instructor ( my second male who was really open to all of my questions) sitting somewhat semi-circle on either a blanket, mat or floor. Have you ever just sat still for 30 minutes? It's harder than most people think. It isn't napping in any way. It's curious because you're supposed to free your mind of any thoughts and just sit there but if you're like me and most others, that's when the shit really starts eh? There's a reason the phrase "keeping you up at night" exists. When we try and quiet our brains they explode.

I think I really needed it because other than my legs falling asleep ( I jiggled em a few times to get back to life) I was able to really relax myself. For about 10 minutes. Then? I got dizzy and nauseous. Are these reactions "working through" stuff? 

Why does bettering yourself always seem to be so hard?

1 comment:

  1. I love this! Congratulations to you for doing this.

    xoxo,
    Pook

    ReplyDelete