Saturday, August 15, 2009

Day 11 Define and Align


Today's class "Align" from 1-2:15 was awesome. I had another new instructor (male, nurturing, hands on and answered all of my questions with "that's a great question") and his pace was perfect for my personal taste. We held poses longer (which is harder but I love trying to feel a burn whilst simultaneously keeping my face and shoulders relaxed) and took time to check alignment. Thus the name of the class. Align. As a beginner it's great because it's usually a smaller class with more personal attention and definitely slower.

I also took Alan's advice and placed myself at the front of the class. In hindsight maybe too far up because I was pretty much parallel to the teacher. It did help my Drishti or focused Yoga Gaze since there was a sign across the street I could hone in on through the gauze laden window.

I drank lot's of water about an hour before and after class but still find it hard to break my concentration and sip in the middle. Yet I somehow find ways to grab my washcloth and wipe my sweat ... I have been focusing on the flow of my breathe since it radically affects how things work in your body. Sometimes I find that I hold my breathe in poses because it is uncomfortable and for some reason it seems natural when your in "pain".

I'm learning more and more each class and it becomes clearer to me that this project came just in time...

No comments:

Post a Comment