Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Day 7 One week down


 Tonight marked my full 7th class. Each class has been 90 minutes which puts me at having 10.5 hours under my belt (or yoga strap.) I feel stronger, more limber and more relaxed. I'm still falling, not able to hold and have a long way to go but these small milestones mean a lot.

Today's class dedication was to a person very close to me whose feelings I hurt. We had an argument (about Yoga of all things) I said that I didn't want them to teach me because I felt they didn't have enough actual Yogi experience. This in turn was perceived as a no "respect for my work" issue. Sincerely, I did not mean that. I wanted a person certified and having a long standing practice for my 90 classes 90 Days project.

In todays class I struggled with this as well. The instructor (my first male) who was stellar  said "let your practice be about you and no one else, no competition, not even with yourself." I immediately thought of the person I hurt and thought "see! I was right! It's about ME not you" which then brought me to understand something more about myself. I have a hard time letting things JUST BE. My insane need for "justice" often hinders my ability to be vulnerable to people and also to nurture other peoples vulnerability. I should have realized that it was more important to nurture someone who felt rejected by me than to try and provide my reasoning as to why I turned down the offer to be taught by them.

I think that Yoga has helped me with these issues. I know it sounds all "hoodoo-guru" (my own word) but it is true. I'm beginning to see just how closely the mind body spirit connection is. 

How the whole thing turn out with my loved one? We decided to take classes together. Now THAT'S  Namaste :-)

*****Oh yeah!!! The clothes I bought at old Navy are working out great! I will need to make some alterations to the tanks though because when you sweat it stretches the cotton so I'm thinking a small "lift" in the straps...

1 comment:

  1. Awesome, thoughtful, ponderings...... Im enjoying your blog. : )

    ReplyDelete