Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Day 21 3 full weeks!




It really seems like the weeks are going faster and faster as each one passes. Today was my 21st class. I'm shocked. Honestly. I identified as a beginner in the start of class and the instructor  (I'll call her Annie because she looks like Kournakova:-) said "I've seen you in my classes before so you know what to expect." 90 minutes went right by and Anna helped me into a few poses.  Her awesome sing songy voice when she calls poses or her request for you to "Shake your head yesssssss and then nooooooo"  always makes me smile. I only have one complaint. Her music. It is always the same. Every class. I wonder if being a musician makes me more sensitive to the repetition? Dunno. I really want to make her some mixed c.d's though...


I have to admit I like the classes with less students a bit better. This class was totally full and for the first time I experienced what I thought was only folklore. The class SBD. Yes The Silent but Deadly fart. OMG!!! I don't know if  it's because this person is a staunch vegan and ate some crazy cabbage or what but when Anna said "inhale deeeeeeeep" there was no way in hell I could. I honestly think it was a tiny girl in front of me but she had a big smell. I know we're not supposed to acknowledge these things because it's respectful but it was nasty. Na-sty! A room with 35 people, no air and that stench it was almost unbearable. It happened twice at different times.

I leave for California tomorrow after Meditation class and will write something when I land. I have my classes planed already but will remain open to a new and spontaneous practice as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment