Sunday, August 30, 2009

Day 26 The view from down here


I can't believe I did a class at 8:30 am on a Sunday morning. Since I have been in Calif I have been suffering terrible jet lag and getting up very early. The morning crowd is definitely an older crowd. I'd say the average age was 55. It's amazing to see people who are considered senior citizens kicking some serious ass in class. It is extremely motivating and shows me just how Yoga changes peoples lives. Hip and back problems, joint pain and flexibility all being worked on.

I am already thinking about the end of the project and how I will use Yoga in my "regular" life. It has helped me in many ways but mostly with stress. I didn't realize just how much tension I carry and how much I need an outlet to get rid of it. Don't get me wrong I still have blow ups and cry when I'm frustrated. I cried in class again today out of frustration. We were doing hand stands and my elbows would not hold up the weight of my body for more than 3 breathes. I am able to do the modified stand Sirsasana for about 5 but I really want to be able to succeed with a full head stand. Looking up at the instructor from that position I see her smiling and giving me guidance. She says "Shelly you're doing great just keep trying." The view is from down here says hope.


1 comment:

  1. Shelly, I am so proud for you and of you...in that order as i don't really know you...wow, your commitment is really wonderful and inspiring...i miss seeing your bike outside sonic and feeling your energy when we cross paths...i wait in baited breathe for your return to the bowels of gotham...just wanted you to know someone is sending you lots of light...keep on...one day at a time...

    ReplyDelete