Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Day 14 Plop Like an Eagle?


Before my gig tonight I had planned on going to the 4:30 class but realizing that the same instructor (and possibly the same set list of music) from last night would be there I decided to take the 12:30 class instead. The instructor was the guy who wears street clothes. You almost feel like your at his house. I think a guy in the front of the class was in his underwear. I'm open minded but it's weird to see strangers all sweaty and in their panties. Unless of course you find them attractive :-) but in yoga class it goes to a whole other level of "I won't notice you if you won't notice me." 

I struggled again today with the apparent killer kegel pose
Garudasana or Eagle Pose (as shown  above.) I can't cross my legs all the way around yet. I know it's supposed to be hard in the beginning. I understand that my body will adapt over time but I'm no good at not being good at something. I felt tears roll down my cheeks as I "reached for the sun, pushing the elbows away from the face" and convinced myself that like Meg Ryan's tears in the war movie "Courage Under Fire" my tears were also not out of weakness but out of frustration. Although, if put in the same situation as Meg in the movie I'd definitely cry like a little bitch.

I'm going to think about and to start to set some goals for myself. I think it will be good to work towards something rather than just a completion of a project.

Any ideas?


No comments:

Post a Comment