Sunday, August 23, 2009

Day 19 I'm in Love


At least I think I am. Today's adventure was Center class. I LOVE this class. I wish I could take this class for the remaining of my 90 days. It has everything. Breathing, poses, focus and meditation. One stop yoga shopping. It was the glorious earth mama womaning the helm today and she adjusted me into some glorious stretches. My back was seperating vertabrae by vertabrea. Not cracking just separating. Such a weird feeling but such an awesome feeling!

I succeeded in a gnarly pose today and was able to hold it for 5 breathes. It's called the Supta Virasana or Hero Pose. It felt amazing gown down but rising back up was a different story.  I can't help but wonder what the worst injury someone has sustained from Yoga? Broken leg? Arm? Neck? Beck? Death??? Whenever I attempt my headstand my neck feels like a newborn wobbling all over the place. I can't wait to be bad ass enough to do one!

I've not seen my friend Dray in awhile. She asked me to come to an "Acro Yoga" class. This is where you do acrobatic type yoga stuff with a partner. I admitted to her I was afraid that a tiny person would get partnered with me. I would be so embarrassed if they were like, "Uh, I have to do whaaaat with Miss Helga over here?" I was going to go last Thursday but opted for an earlier class and a 2 anniversary dinner with the husband. When I get from California I will most definitely check the class out.

I've already found two studios in the city where I'll be staying so I know I'll be able to stick to my regiment. 3 week mark is right around the corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment