Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Day 22 Meditate and Simmer



Well I am at JFK waiting for my flight. It was supposed to be at 6:00 and is now pushed back until 6:40. I left my house early, suitcase and carry on in hand to be sure I made it to meditation class before I hopped on the subway to make it here in a timely manner. I lugged it all 3 blocks to the studio then 2 flights up the stairs. By the time I heaved it up I was already sweaty and full of tension. I was SO glad that today was just Meditation. This week focused on chanting. We repeated Om Namah Shivaya which means "I bow to the divine consciousness". I was informed that if you chant a prayer 2,500 you "own" it. Curious. It's like writing "I will have good Karma" 100 times on a spiritual blackboard.

There were more people this week and it's so amazing to be quiet with a group. The instructor was the same fella I had last week in both meditation and flow 1/2. I will call him the Guru from now on because he is such an amazingly mellow and kind man. He wished me good luck this next week while I am away.

I am excited to meet some new yogis and venture out with new instructors.

My flight has been delayed ANOTHER 1/2 hour. Now departing at 7pm....

perhaps a meditation is in order...

ohm shanti shanti get my fucking plane here ohm

No comments:

Post a Comment