Thursday, August 6, 2009

Day 2 Om My God


I actually made it back tonight. I didn't think I would but i did. This class was "easier" in the fact that the particular teacher I had was a bit more "new agey" and had a tone in her voice that felt soothing and encouraging. 

Some of the poses are impossible for me right now because of my physical stature. When I try and do the e Parivrtta Parsvakonasana or The Revolved Extended Side Angle pose I find that my stomach is too big to get around. I think there is a huge (pardon the pun) market for "plus size yoga." A class devoted to people of substance who want to try Yoga but are self conscience when next to basically flawless physical forms. 

I am a very confident woman (in makeup and clothed) but even I look around the class and see these gorgeous creatures looking so calm and serene and I'm screaming in my head "what the fuck Gumbi! give a gordita a break!" 
   I continue on...

No comments:

Post a Comment