Friday, August 21, 2009

Day 17 Sleeping Buddha


*sigh* I don't even know how to begin this. In 16 days I hadn't missed a day. Today was the first class I missed. It wasn't because I got stuck in traffic. It wasn't because I had an awesome gig/audition. I fell asleep. Yep. You read it right. I fell asleep. It doesn't matter what led up to me falling asleep or the fact that there was a minor typhoon outside when I'd have left for class (4:15 class was from 4:30-6:00.) I woke up at 4:55 warm and my hand tucked under my little buddha belly. Then? "oh fuck. no way. I'm missing class RIGHT NOW. Can I go 1/2 hr late? No, I can't do that. Should I do it right here? No, that's not an actual class! What am I gonna do?"

I was in complete shock. There was a Flow 2 at 6 p.m but after yesterdays hardcore 1 and intermediate 2 I knew there would be no way I could do just a 2. I would have rested 50% of the time and that's not a real class. I have only one option. Take two classes tomorrow. 3 hours of yoga! I'm not sure if I will do one in the a.m and one in the afternoon or two in a row but I will do two. I will not allow myself to get behind.

I know some of you might say "take it easy on yourself you've done better than most people would." I'm not most people. I don't mean in a superiority complex way but more of a psycho driven person. I really want to see this thing through. I've gotten so many emails about how much I've inspired people and I want to do it for myself as well.

I will be traveling from Aug 26 - Sept 4th and am in the process of finding studios to take class. I was even trying to take class on the military base in san diego where I will be visiting my niece before she and her family leave for Hawaii. I have some great leads and am looking forward to this challenge. It will be a test which is why I must stay on track before I leave.

Tomorrow should be interesting

No comments:

Post a Comment