Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Day 57 Doctor Ganesh will see you now


Today was a good day. I went to meditation class at 12 and this time the room was totally packed! There must have been 25 people in this small room all wanting to rid themselves of stress, bad memories and fears. We were literally knees next to knees which is curious with total strangers. I really don't want someone else's energy unless it's good energy.

My mind darted all over the place but always came back to my Mantra inhale Ease... exhale Fear... I have to say, I love starting my day with this calming activity. I do feel like my day goes smoother when I begin it with positivity. That sounds sooooo gay. Like 4th grade gay, not same sex marriage gay... anyway... I'd like to think that I could do meditation every day in addition to Asana practice and think I will try it.

I went to the orthopedist and got another cortisone shot for my trigger finger which will make my thumb and point finger and the cul de sac of skin inbetween pretty sore for the next few days... I spoke to him about my elbow and was diagnosed with... ukulele elbow! Actually they call it tennis elbow but mine is from playing uke not a back hand! Go figure. I will have to start modifying in class to help these injuries heal quicker.

Physician heal thyself.
Musician? you're fucked :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment