Saturday, September 5, 2009

Day 32 Yogis take Holidays? Do they watch T.V?


Whew! I am now back in NYC. the smells, sights and sounds all around me say it's the end of summer and the city is trying to hold onto the warm weather while it can. I was excited to see what my practice is like in a NY studio after being away for over 9 days. I was even more exited because the class I was going to attend was my favorite class at Sonic. Center Class.

I got myself prepared and ready to go. I had a few minutes before I had to leave to get to the 1:15 class on time so I decided to plan my classes for next week. I opened up the page that lists the schedule and saw that the class had been cancelled. I forgot it was a Holiday weekend and only the first class at 9:00 am (which I'd already slept through) and a Flow 2 (which I am not by any stretch ready for) at 5:00. I hope that the instructors are being part of the common folk on their days off. You know, going to see scary movies, gossiping on the phone with family, watching bad t.v. and maybe even drinking coffee and having Cinnabon.

So, it looks as though my "easing back into" plan isn't going to work. I will now take two classes tomorrow to catch up. I can't say I feel calm about this at all. I will stay committed. I will learn and do the best I can.

I will probably want to take some Advil before I go to bed tomorrow too..

No comments:

Post a Comment