Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Day 36 Big Wheel Keep on Turning.. Proud Shelly keep on burning


Yeay for me! I did the Urdhva Dhanurasana or Wheel Pose all by myself! I had tried last night and couldn't do it without a wall or blocks and today I just told my self I would do it and I did! It was Align class from 6-7:30 and Anna taught again. I am really beginning to dig her classes. The adjustments rock! I don't feel I like I'm part of the clique there yet but I also don't feel like I'm a complete dolt either. I felt like my kidneys were going to be squeezed out my sphincter and my throat being choked by extra flesh but I did it. Twice. Two breathes each. Watch out Crystal! I'm on my way to the goal you set of Wheel for 15 breathes 3 times a week!

There is one thing in Yoga I don't think I will ever get used to or like. That is the dampness. Not my own sweat, I've gotten over that and even enjoy seeing myself glisten. I'm talking about when you walk into the room after a class has taken place and even the floor is sweaty. Dis-gus-ting! They have these black mats for extra cushion and since people just put them right back onto the table what they just used, rotation is not plentiful so most of them feel like those mats you get at a water park before you haul ass down a huge slide.

I wouldn't call myself a germaphobe but I do not dig breathing in everyone's carbon monoxide all moist and especially that which has been locked into a room of 35 people in 250 square feet. I also hate thinking that my face is so close to where people's feet have been stomping and gripping and "webbing out to balance the pose." I talked about this before but it still gets to me.

I've decided I prefer taking class in the front. I get more into what I'm doing and feel the burn of a desire to be better a bit stronger. I don't have to watch anyone and it feels like it's just me. And Anna Kournakova. And her new soundtrack....

2 comments:

  1. Hi, your progress is absolutely stunning, reading your blog is such a treat.
    I hear you in regards to sweaty yoga mats, it's well worth getting your own. After a lot of research I bought a Manduka black mat, it's a little expensive $75 but after four years and a lot of use and it's hardly showing any ware. Yes, it's a bit heavy but so am I.

    Erik

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your encouragement Erik! I have my own mat but I use the black mat for extra cushion ( my knees suck) I do think that I will invest in another mat to bring as well so I don't have to use theirs at all. Where did you buy yours?

    ReplyDelete