Monday, September 21, 2009

Day 49 Back in Baby's Arms


I don't think I've ever mentioned it before but one of my all time favorite poses is The Happy Baby or Ananda Balasana Pose this position feels amazing on the back, legs, arms, neck and nether regions.

It's weird, even after one day off I can feel a difference in my flexibility. My elbow is acting up again and I asked the teacher what she thought it was. "Hyper extension" she said. I will really have to concentrate on watching that because it's pretty painful in certain poses. I still think it could be my weight on the joints too. I am going to call the orthopedist about my trigger finger. I wonder how long I'd be out of commission after that surgery?

Tonight's class was Flow 1 7:17-8:45 with Anna K. I told her tonight that's what I refer to her as since we were chatting before class and she found out about my blog. "I get that a lot" she said. I bet because they're both blonde, athletic and natural beauties.

The class was packed to the gills. The room was drenched with the previous class's exhalations and sweat. The floor was slippery and all the mats slick. I got stuck in the very front again, right next to the speaker but before anyone noticed I faced it away from my face. I was not about to get blasted by sound and miss the cues again. The class moved pretty fast and I must say it seems like I don't even notice the 90 minutes anymore. Well, unless of course we're holding some crazy pose but I still have the daily "OK you HAVE to go, you made a commitment to yourself" instead of "Wow! I can't wait to do this!"

There was no meditation at the Chopra center today so I have to go dbl tomorrow instead... I am looking forward to seeing the lunch crowd again.

2 comments:

  1. I love happy baby pose too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep - big fan of the Happy Baby as well!

    (teehee - you said "Nether Regions")

    ReplyDelete