Monday, September 28, 2009

Day 56 Dance, Dance Yogalution


A cold, wet rainy day. I did the community class today from 3-4. The instructor was a new one which is why I went at that time. I'll call her Martha (after Graham.) She did these wide sweeping hand movements that when combined with warrior 2 looked a lot like a plie in second position. Her whole approach was very dance oriented.

It was a pretty full class and only lasted an hour. I was surprised at that and I actually found myself wishing there was more time.

One of the things I like about Yoga is that it's somewhat circuit training based. Certain poses put with others to give different parts of the body a stretch. We did an amazzzzzzzzing shoulder roll opener which opened me up to a place that was obviously a hysterical one. As soon as we began to come out of the right side and switch to the left I found myself giggling like crazy. I have no idea why. But I laughed for about a minute. I always think of Hanuman when I laugh in Yoga. Not because he's funny in actions (au contraire, he led an army of Monkeys to fight the demon king Ravana) (perhaps inspiring Wizard of Oz?) but because he always looks like he's smiling :-)

No one acknowledged my outburst. That probably would have been too weird. Like I always say.. It's a private practice in a public forum. One thing worth mentioning though... upon hearing what was a pretty loud emission of gasses from someone in the room, the instructor said "Woohoo! I just heard a great fart!" I guess I stand corrected on the previous post where I said no teacher would mention it!

No comments:

Post a Comment