Saturday, September 12, 2009

Day 40 Ease the mind release the hamstrings



I sang at the opening of both NY Road Runners races this morning in central park and I came back home and felt really tired. I'm not usually up at 6:30 am to wait in the rain at the park from 8-10 am (although Jake Gyllenhaal literally ran into me.. wow is he gorgeous! Lucky Reese!) There is a huge difference between runner bodies and yogi bodies that's for sure. So many of the women were just skinny. sinewy. %6 body fat. I like the muscle and curve I see in yogis better I think. The editor of Fitness Magazine was there and it was great to see that she was a normal looking woman. Good shape but slight belly and a natural face.

Yesterday took an emotional toll on me and for the first time I was afraid to go to yoga. I know that it can unlock so many feelings and I didn't want that to happen. It's not that I'm afraid of expressing myself but I don't want to be known as "that chick who always cries in class." As soon as I wrote that it sounded like I am afraid to express myself. Damn brain. shut it!

Anyway, it was another day of meditation at the Deepak Center from 12-12:30pm . I am going back to Sonic tomorrow to do my favorite class Center and will plan my week of classes.
As I've said I looked into other studios and will be reporting on them this week as well. I must admit, after two days of not stretching I can tell a difference.. maybe I need to get down with my bad self! On the floor that is...

No comments:

Post a Comment