Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Day 50 "And then I says to her, I says...oh wait, class is starting! " "OM"



I went to the lunchtime Meditation practice at the Deepak Chopra center for my daily class. It was really packed. About 20 people this time. Usually there are about 5-8 but today everyone came out of the woodwork. or should it be came out of the concrete? Class was about to start and most people were relaxing and in position when two women came down the stairs jabbering away at how it was the "bitchy girl who quit" and "he was a total dick, didn't even call back" etc... going on and on as they put their shoes away.

When they entered the room I refused to open my eyes. I made an effort to remain in my zone. Guess what? The only seats left were next to me. They scooched two into one spot on my left and yammered on about how tired they were, didn't want to go back to work etc... and I just dove deeper into my breathing. The instructor (I'll call her Mave since she looked a little elfin like) turned down the lights and sat a candle in the middle of the room and sat in the last seat left in the room which was to the right of me. Her energy helped combat the hamster on the wheel energy coming from the other side.

She asked these questions:
Who am I?
What is my purpose?
How can I help people?

We meditated on each of those for 5 minutes a piece then went into our own mantras. I have been using inhale Ease exhale Stress. This one works well for me. I admit I drifted in and out but at the end I felt pretty good. The two women immediately resumed yammering " I just want to nap" ,"Really? I'm hungry let's go to lunch I want meat" "Can we stop by Jennifer convertibles first..."

I'm really curious to know, were these women who were able to let go completely then resume like that? That surely is a super power...

But please remember rule number VIII "Thou shall not txt, talk or tweet during class"


No comments:

Post a Comment