Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Day 29 I am not a superhero


Today was an exhaustive day. I awoke with many obligations and plans and none of them happened. I felt I let someone down and it completely debilitated me. I think it may have been an accumulative of all the stress incurred while here in Calif. but I had a complete meltdown. I cried for about an hour and couldn't get a hold of myself.

I decided that I needed a break. From yoga, from people, from responsibilities, from myself. I got my hair cut, colored and styled. A facial, an hour massage and an hour foot reflexology treatment. It was absolute bliss yet all day I felt out of whack.

My inner energy is crazy and I don't know how to get it in line. Sometimes I feel like I have no control over my body and brain at all and it's scary. I don't feel this way during class but class is not real life timing. It's a place to get away, be calm, be out of my mind and engage my body. How do I use this in my real life?

Oh yeah, tomorrow is my one month anniversary. I will be celebrating by doing two classes to make up for today's absence.

3 comments:

  1. Hey girl! I fell behind, but I'm up to date on your bloggedy blog.

    Sorry Cali's been stressful for you.

    Meanwhile, I'm incredibly impressed that you've been keeping up with classes even while away! That in and of itself is something to be proud of.

    xo,
    Pookster

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy anniversary, shelly!

    your 'retreat' sounds delicious and well deserved.
    i heard Jo at sonic say that;
    not practicing yoga is practicing yoga
    it kind of pissed me off
    but a year or so later i got it
    i won't dare try to explain it
    the meaning
    as with most things
    is whatever the individual ascribes it to be...
    i thought it might just soothe
    or inspire
    or not
    and as far as using this in your real life?
    it's all real life!
    if you have the awareness of yourself "on the mat" as opposed to off...
    well, that's a whole lot and i believe the beginning of integrating the two...
    gosh, you are really doing great...
    look forward to some of your mellow vibes in class this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both so much for your awesome support. It means more than you'll ever know.

    ReplyDelete