Sunday, October 18, 2009

Day 72, 73, 74



What a crazy weekend! I had a show on Friday night and went to meditation at 6pm. This was the first time I went on a Friday night. It was pretty full despite the shitty weather and I was ready to relax before a long night ahead. It is really hard to force yourself to try and slow things down when you have a million things on your mind. A few instructors have said that's a true Yogi.. one who can just shut off in an instance. I am not one of those people. I want to be one but I'm not as of yet.

Saturday was a day of absolute relaxation. I had the intention of going to class at 11:45 but woke up at 11:30 and decided against it. I should have gone though. My feet were absolutely killing me from the night before teetering in 6 inch heels and I honestly couldn't imagine myself putting pressure on the balls of my feet in low lunge. Just thinking about it made me wince. But, I still should have gone. I am now one class behind and will be doing quite a bit of traveling and that always poses a challenge.

Today's class was needed. I had an extremely emotional morning with a family member and found myself physically ill and sore from tension and stress. I was not feeling anywhere near what I usually do and one of the aides picked up on it. She asked if everything was ok and it felt good to have genuine concern. It also felt good to be noticed as being vulnerable. So many people find it difficult to have empathy or sympathy for someone who is struggling. Myself included. I am making a vow today to be more aware of how people need to be talked to so that that good karma will come back to me.

1 comment:

  1. I see the blog is getting old but glad to see you are still practicing yoga... Is it a part of your lifestyle yet?
    Crystal

    ReplyDelete