Monday, October 12, 2009

Day 68 and 69


Weekend and Holiday Yoga feels different for some reason. The Sunday meditation I took was awesome enough but I couldn't shake feeling tired the rest of the day. It just seemed like I needed to be lazy or something. I don't believe it though. I need to move! I need to stretch , I need to push myself. I want so badly to crave a workout. I don't. Maybe I'm just not that type of person? Maybe I'm a lazy ass by nature. Maybe it's my size?

Tonight's Asana class I also felt lazy. My mind wasn't focusing in on what I was doing or enjoying the discovery of space and flexibility within myself. I kept thinking about Savasana. I also have noted that since it's cold outside I feel different inside. I absolutely can't stand walking in after a sweaty ass long class that just happened (like tonight) it is so gross to smell and inhale everyone's expelled toxins and sweat. I avoided the thick black mat (I've yet to buy my own) because they were basically dripping and the floor was disgustingly slick. Will I get over this??

When we made it to Savasana I got cold. The sweat on my body and the fan that provided so much comfort in the summer now made me cold when the air hit my skin. I put my blanket across myself and then suddenly remembered the class I took Friday where a man was using his blanket as a sweat towel.. GROSS!! I wanted to be the Yoga police but for some reason didn't say anything.

It's getting harder these days in the cold, when my joints ache even more and temperature drops...

3 comments:

  1. Get your own mat no doubt, then you don't have to worry about other peoples sweat and toxins. If you get the right one it will last you a very long time.
    I bought a black Manduka mat + bag almost five year a ago and have used it a lot, no need for a replacement for another couple of years. It's a little heavy so get the back too it is money well invested.

    Erik

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have my own actual mat.. the black ones they supply are for extra cushion.. and even then the floor sweats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started to say "Girl, you don't EVER have to get over being grossed out by the last class's sweat and toxins in the air and on the mats!! that shit is NASTY!" but I guess I see your point. you know, rising above and all that.

    it's still a hygiene issue as far as I'm concerned, though. ideally they'd open up some windows and air out the room between classes, right?!

    and about being lazy...? somehow I just can't see that word as an accurate description of you. I can totally relate, though, about not quite being able to shake that feeling of tiredness and just prefering not to move. I have that too. it's everything I can do to make myself do ANYTHING.

    as much as I enjoy how I feel AFTER class, before and during class I'm just thinking about when it will all be over! haha!! just thought you should know you are NOT alone. I kinda wish I could be one of those inner-motivated people too. but at the end of the day - we still do the damn thing!

    so good on you - and good on me!!

    :D

    xo

    ReplyDelete