Saturday, October 3, 2009

Day 61 Excuse me while my crap my pants


What a strange day today was. I spent most of the morning talking with my husband and then making my dress for the New York Burlesque Festival. I was smack in the middle of said production when I realized I planned to go to the 1-2:15 Align class. It was about 12:30 and I started to play games with myself... "ok you can take two classes tomorrow, just finish your dress" and "no one will know if you skip a day especially since you're still sick..." I decided to just get dressed and leave then.

I don't like the fact that I still have to convince myself to do something that's so good for me. I went to class and stayed in the back because I knew I would be resting a lot. I had no idea it would feel like the first day of my practice. I found myself getting dizzy trying to look up, feeling nauseous in twists and during the middle of class I had to go to the bathroom IMMEDIATELY.

I know I've been sick the past few days but not my stomach. I once heard that yogi's believe all sickness starts in the stomach/intestine/colon. I've always had issues in this department and have hopes that a regular practice will help with this. After I returned to class I resumed some movement but mostly stayed in Viranasana or Hero's Pose mostly because it's good for digestion and in some part because I could just get up quickly if I needed to. Someone had REALLY bad gas (SBD's) and kept letting it go during class and this may have contributed to my nausea as well. It's amazing how much yoga twists your insides around encourages digestion.

I'm hoping I feel back to "normal" before tonight. I want to have a good time and not worry about where the closest bathroom is...

No comments:

Post a Comment