Friday, October 2, 2009

Day 60 2/3rds of the way there!


Today is day 60. Two months I have been doing my journey with daily practice of yoga. It's been crazy. It's been mellow. It's been both of those and more. I am in the midst of the flu. I started my day feeling pretty good but as it went on my throat began to hurt again and I felt cranky and tired.

I was going to "celebrate" by taking my 60th class with an Align 7:30-8:45 slot at Sonic. I decided to go to the Deepak center again and meditate at 6:00 instead. It was not nearly as full as the weekdays but still about 10 people. Tara was our guide and she was the first one of all my teachers who actually wore patchouli. A lot of people have asked me if the room smells like that..lol I wish! In Sonic class rooms it smells more like fresh wet earth and sometimes vegetable soup. At the Deepak Chopra Center it smells like incense. I haven't taken class there yet so perhaps it smells the same after a workout...


I feel like I cheated myself in a way but I also don't feel very well. I'm caught between being too hard on myself and wondering if I'm slacking. I still have about 10 minutes to make it but I just can't... No. I should be honest with myself. I don't want to go. I want to stay here now and curl up under my covers and wait for my husband to come home.

No comments:

Post a Comment