Monday, October 5, 2009

Day 63 My tree sways a bit...


So far October is proving to be a month of strength and health awareness. Today I decided to go to the Donation Flow class (one of the few still being offered since Sonic is on their teacher/student schedule) and the acrobatic lady was teaching. I swear she's a person who could actually "fly from a trapeze with the greatest of ease." When she says "step, jump or float up to top of your mat" she really does float! Today in tree pose I was able to hold my leg on my calf instead of my ankles while I looked up at my "branches."

I did better today physically and focus wise. I think weekdays with less people fit me best as far as Asana goes. My insides stayed put. The class was only an hour, moving pretty quickly and emphasizing breathing techniques. I catch myself holding sometimes and that honestly defeats the work. It's strange to have less time. I'm not sure how I feel about it. I'll have to take a few more and reevaluate later.

Fall is definitely approaching and I wonder how different things will feel as the temperature drops. In a class a few days ago Pippi said fall brings frenetic energy with the wind and leaves swirling. Is there a bustle in my hedgerow?

No comments:

Post a Comment