Thursday, November 5, 2009

Day 90 Mission Complete


Whew! I made it! I came pretty close to my goal of 90 classes 90 days with 87 classes total.
Today I did a Flow 1 from 6-7:30 with Pippi. It was a pretty funky class. Once again WAY too overcrowded and the woman next to me was oozing the smell of booze from every pore in her body. It was pretty nauseating.

I will never ever get used to walking into a hot sweaty smelly room and being told to "inhale deeply." I honestly must have some kind of germ thing because it truly grosses me out. It's no different than going to the gym where people don't wipe off the machines or when you sit down on a toilet that someone has pissed on. Disgusting.

The class was completely full and this made people talk over one another while they were setting up for class. It felt like camp. Giggling, "OMG's" and lots of complaining. I was having a very hard time concentrating. There was also a feeling of being in movement class at a performing arts college. A lot of "make your own sounds" (of which every actor and basic spaz took advantage of) which I don't usually mind. When in an acting coaching class event.

Truth be told, I was hoping for a more serious practice to finalize my 90 day project. I wanted to feel graceful and peaceful. Not silly and wild. I know a lot of people enjoyed the class and the chance to act out while doing Yoga but I was saddened. Cest la vie.

I know that I want to keep Yoga as a continual practice because when I am involved my joints ache less, my mind is more clear, I sleep better and I am calmer in general. I don't know if I'll be doing it every day but I definitely want to go at least 3 times a week.

Thank you everyone for your support and comments. It meant a lot to me. I will post occasionally about how it's going so please keep in touch.
Namaste


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Shelly! I'm impressed with your practice and your blogging. I hope you come back out and see us sometime at Yoga Bindu. It was truly a pleasure meeting you and keeping up with your journey. Love, Rosie

    ReplyDelete